Volunteer opportunities are available every week! At the times listed below, garden coordinators are in their respective garden and can always use the help completing small projects.
- Tuesdays 3:30 – 4:30 PM & Thursday 3:30 – 4:30 PM | Storke Community Gardens
- Thursdays 10 AM – 12 PM & Fridays 10 AM – 12 PM | West Campus Community Gardens
- Directions to Gardens
There are also Volunteer days every Quarter. We are part of the new UCSB and Isla Vista Garden Coalition, and every quarter we get the support of the coalition volunteers for one day to help us with projects. For Winter 2019 our volunteer days are:
- Saturday Feb 16th from 11 am – 1 pm | West Campus Community Gardens
- Saturday March 9th from 11 am – 1 pm | Storke Community Gardens
- Four Directions & Three Sisters Garden
- Garden spaces are adjacent to the Student Resource Building and at West Campus Family Student Housing.
- Greenhouse and Garden Project (Plot Based)
- Members maintain their own assigned plot of land to garden organically for the length of one year with a renewable membership fee of $40 and refundable $10 deposit.
- Edible Campus Program (Community)
- Includes the hydroponic vertical gardens and student farms that allow students and community members to learn and practice agricultural techniques
- Supplying the Associated Students Food Bank with much-needed additional healthy produce.
- Follow UCSB Edible Campus Program on facebook for updates and how to get involved
- Family Student Housing Gardens (Plot Based)
- Members can grow their own fruits and vegetables in one of the two Family Student Housing (FSH) Community Gardens. West Campus FSH offers over 30 plots where Storke FSH offers over 60. Each garden has community tools and soil enhancements such as compost and manure on site.
- Volunteer opportunities on their website.
- IV Park Gardens (Plot Based)
- At Estero Park and Sueno Park, the Isla Vista Recreation and Parks District has organic garden plots
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org 805-968-2017 ext. 29 for a demonstration tour or to put your name on the waiting list for a garden plot
- St. Michael’s Community Garden (Community & Plot Based)
- Plots on the property are available on a first come first served basis for those in the community who wish to grow organic items
- Email email@example.com